National First Place
Department of Washington
Aubrey F. McElroy
Age 8, 2nd Grade
Medium: Acrylic Paint
Sponsored by VFW Auxiliary 4992
Illustrating America Art Contest
· Promotes and conducts the Illustrating America art contest.
· A patriotic art contest for elementary and middle/junior high school students that encourages students’ artistic abilities and rewards their hard work. It’s fun to see how our youth see the world through their drawings and paintings.
· The contest consists of three grade divisions: K-2, 3-5 and 6-8. There are National awards for first, second and third place in each grade division.
· Promotes Patriotism through Literacy
Introduces youth to historical figures and teaches them about events in our nation’s history while fostering a love of reading that can lead to a lifetime of learning. See our Suggested Book List, updated in 2023 and broken down by grade ranges, here: Patriotism Through Literacy Suggested Books 2023
· Recognizes Random Acts of Patriotism (R.A.P.)
We encourage and reward patriotism through R.A.P. If a child is seen thanking a veteran, properly placing their hand on their heart during the Pledge of Allegiance or involved in some other activity that promotes patriotism, we suggest giving them a R.A.P. card. It’s a fun and unique way to engage children elementary age and younger!
· Recognizes youth and youth groups for their efforts and service projects honoring veterans, service members and their families. We recognize these bright young citizens for their good work to ensure these activities become a part of their daily lives.
Call Diane Philippi at (520) 510-9155 for more information